Our Move Management team specializes
in the unique downsizing needs of older adults, seniors, and their families
throughout the process of moving into smaller residences
or retirement communities.
Like an event manager or wedding planner,
we work with our clients to plan the move
and provide all assistance required
to carry out the logistical details.
But most importantly,
we alleviate your stress –
from our initial meeting
until you are settled comfortably in your new home –
with compassion, encouragement, and care.
We support adult children
and supplement the assistance they are able to provide to their parents
during the relocation process.
We turn the overwhelmed into the overjoyed!
Here are some of the services we provide:
Planning your move
• We will meet for a free,
no-obligation in-home consultation.
• Based on our conversations,we will develop a move plan
that fits within your budget.
• We will sketch out a timeline for the move including
each phase of the transition.
• Based on the floor plan of your new residence,
we help you determine what will and won’t fit
• We help sort your belongings, side by side,
room by room, and arrange for the disbursal of items being let go
• Recommend and/or hire and supervise professional movers
• Ship items to family or arrange for storage
• Arrange for a traditional estate sale, online auction, consignment,
or a specialized sale using our network of proven professionals in their respective fields
• Prepare the home for sale and manage any necessary repairs or improvements such as painting, carpeting, landscaping, appliance repair or replacement, etc.
• Assist in or manage the selling of your home with referrals to realtors,
home stagers, contractors, etc.
Preparing to Move
• We do all the heavy lifting
• Pack the items to be moved to your new residence
• Transfer utilities
• Change address with post office and important accounts
• Arrange for final cleaning
Preserving memories through photo organization
• We can sort and organize old photos
• Photograph items which must be let go
• Digitize photos and create an electronic
or iPad photo album
• Schedule and supervise movers on Move Day
• Arrange for pet care on the day of your move
• Keep you comfortable on Move Day
Organizing your New Home
• We will unpack and remove empty boxes
• Set up lamps and lighting
• Connect electronics
• Set up the kitchen and bathroom
• Make up the bed
• Maximize closet and drawer space with organizing systems
• Hang pictures
• Bring in fresh flowers
And we’ll help you shop
• For anything you need to make your new home as comfortable as your previous home
• A smaller sofa, new recliner, a shelving system or cafe table, a closet organizer
or whatever is needed to make the most
of your new living space.
If you are moving out of town…
We will arrange for a NASMM-certified
Senior Move Manager in your new hometown to unpack
and help you get settled in your new home
(National Association of Senior Move Managers)