Our Move Management team specializes in the unique downsizing needs of older adults throughout the process of moving into smaller residences or retirement communities.
Like an event manager or wedding planner, we work with our clients to plan the move and provide all the assistance needed to carry out the logistical details.
But most importantly, we alleviate your stress from our initial meeting until you are settled comfortably in your new home – with compassion, encouragement, and care.
We support adult children and supplement the assistance they are able to provide to parents during the relocation process.
We turn the overwhelmed into the overjoyed!
Here are some of the services we provide:
Planning your move
– We will meet for a free, no-obligation in-home consultation.
– Based on our conversations, we will develop a move plan that fits within your budget.
– We will sketch out a timeline for the move including each phase of the transition.
– Create a floor plan of your new residence and determine what will and won’t fit
– Help sort your belongings, side by side, room by room:
1. Keep and move to new home
2. Give or ship to family or friends
3. Donate to a local charity
4. Sell, auction, or consign
5. Put into storage
– Recommend, hire, and/or supervise professional movers
– Ship items to family or arrange for storage
– Arrange for a traditional estate sale, online auction, consignment, or a specialized sale using our network of proven professionals in their respective fields.
– Assist in the selling of your home with referrals to realtors, home stagers, contractors, painters, and handymen as needed
Preparing to Move
– Pack items to move
– Transfer utilities
– Change address with post office and important accounts
– Arrange for final cleaning
Preserving memories through photo organization
– Sort and organize old photos
– Photograph items which must be let go
– Digitize photos and create computer or iPad photo albums
– Schedule and supervise movers on Move Day
– Arrange for pet care on the day of your move
– Keep you comfortable on Move Day
Organizing your new home
– Unpack and remove empty boxes
– Set up lamps and lighting
– Connect electronics
– Set up the kitchen and bathroom
– Maximize closet and drawer space with organizing systems
– Hang pictures
– Make up the bed
– Bring in fresh flowers 🙂
Shopping for whatever is still needed
– A smaller sofa, a shelving system, a cafe table, a closet organizer or whatever is needed to make the most of your new living space.